MAXIMIZE THE PERFORMANCE OF MECHANICAL COMPONENTS
Metal-Plasma specializes in applying protective coatingson your mechanical components. The treatments we apply to the surfaces give physical-mechanical characteristics that are necessary for improving their performance and making the components more and more efficient in performance.
The main advantages brought about by our coatings are:
- Wear resistance;
- Corrosion resistant;
- Thermal insulation;
- Electrical insulation;
- An increase or a decrease in thermal and electrical conductivity;
- Regeneration of worn parts;
- Increased Grip;
- Anti-sticking quality;
- Possibility of using less noble basic materials;
- Reduction in the weight of the component
- Capable of carrying out on finished pieces without deformation.
The High Velocity Oxy Fuel process uses the controlled combustion of kerosene and oxygen. It uses the high kinetic energy of compressed gases and the thermal energy of combustion to produce coatings with very low Porosity, very high adhesion to the substrate and extremely low levels of surface roughness.
Plasma is a state of matter in which atoms are excited to form positive ions and free electrons. Plasma deposition is achieved by an electric arc confined by a flow of gas. Plasma deposition is achieved by an electric arc confined by a flow of gas. By obtaining very high temperatures and speeds, it is possible to transform ceramic powders on the surface to be coated.
WIRE GAS SPRAY PROCESS
WIRE GAS SPRAY
It can be via electric or gas arc. The filling material in the form of a wire is introduced into a flame and with the help of a flow of air it causes a rain of molten particles. Molybdenum, bronze, copper, white metal, nickel, stainless steel and alloys.
COATINGS WITH A WIDE RANGE OF MATERIALS
Thanks to these advanced technologies we are able to apply coatings to a very wide range of materials.
The main fillings are divided into families:
- Ceramics: Chromium oxides Cr2O3, Aluminum oxides Al2oO3, Zirconium oxides ZrO2, Titanium dioxides TiO2. with various binders or blends.
- Carbides: Tungsten Carbides WC Chromium Cr3C2 Carbides with various binders such as Co – Cr – Ni.
- Super alloys: Stellite 1-6-12, Colmonoy 5-6, Inconel 625, Hastelloy C, Ni-Cr.
- Metals and alloys: Bronze, Copper, Aluminum, Molybdenum, Zinc, 316/420 Stainless Steel, White Metal and many others.
Metal-plasma has process rooms equipped with 7-axis robots and horizontal and vertical positioners and rotating carousels.
This allows us to guarantee quality, reliability and repeatability of the process and to be able to coat components of various sizes and even of complex shapes.